Associate Director, Rare DiseaseUnited Kingdom, Remote Additional Locations: Amsterdam, Netherlands;Dublin, Dublin, Ireland;Madrid, Madrid, Spain;Milan, Milano, Italy;Warsaw, Poland 求人ID R0000017468 Category Project Leadership
About this Role
Parexel’s Rare Disease Center of Excellence (CoE) provides cross-functional, data-driven expertise to address the common and uncommon challenges Sponsors face when designing and conducting rare clinical trials such as the need for natural history and RWE trials, bespoke patient identification and engagement solutions, KOL and site identification, development and validation of unique endpoints/biomarkers, management of heterogenous populations, and expertise in a fast-paced regulatory environment.
The Associate Director, Rare Disease Center of Excellence (CoE) will support Parexel’s Global Cross Functional Rare Disease Center of Excellence. The CoE will support and deliver strategies to effectively deliver of our customer’s portfolios of projects in Rare Disease.
This role will be based remotely in the UK or a number of our other EMEA based countries including Spain, Italy, Poland, Netherlands and Ireland.
The individual will work closely with the Global Head of the Rare Disease Center of Excellence, as well as the proposal and sales teams to support the development to effective strategies to deliver global Rare Disease projects.
The role will directly interact with project teams and be the subject matter expert on effective conduct of Rare Disease studies. The position requires that the individual be able to work in a cross functional team responsible for creating and maintaining cross-departmental relationships, developing operational plans across the functions and monitoring, revisiting, and evaluating progress towards achieving CoE goals. As necessary, the role will work in close cooperation and conjunction with Medical Franchise leaders, Business Development and Customer relations to ensure the successful delivery of the portfolio.
• Manage the cross functional, matrixed team of Rare Disease experts across Parexel
• Develop the targeted growth in New Business Awards in the Rare Disease space
• Support the Center of Excellence budget framework and operational remits
• Provide expertise guidance to project teams delivering Rare Disease studies with proven processes, training, and oversight
• Providing strategic input into proposals and business development teams to develop creative and innovative plans to deliver Rare Disease studies
• Oversight of the sales process for Rare Disease projects
• Responsible for presenting rare disease COE at bid defense meetings & reviewing budgets.
• Delivering Global Rare Disease onboarding training for new employees
• Manage and report key business success metrics to the wider Clinical Development and Business Development teams
• Develop and support KOL/PAG engagement plans for Global Rare Disease CoE in conjunction and cooperation with cross-functional leads
• Support Rare Disease CoE internal and external communications including liaising with Corporate Communications for day-to-day management of social media presence of for Rare Disease CoE needs
• Manage and maintain existing and develop new relationships with Rare Disease advocacy organizations
• Act as the primary point person with the organization for delivery of Rare Disease studies and portfolios of studies.
• Scientific and clinical operations knowledge and ability to develop and execute in Rare Disease operational strategy, planning and development
• Strong communication, interpersonal, public speaking, and leadership skills
• Innovative and motivational mentality that affects and influences teams
• Documented history of experience, performance, and success
Experience and Education:
• Experience of working in a Pharma or Biotech Environment
• Experience of working in a CRO environment
• Knowledge and experience of investigational Rare Disease assets and clinical trials
• 5 + years of experience in Clinical Development
• Experience of working in a Pharma, Biotech or CRO Environment
• Experience working with proposals and sales teams
• Experience supporting scientific conferences
• Bachelor’s Degree